Nowadays there are several types of designing software available in the market for various purposes and one can choose any of them according to their needs from beginners to professionals. But if you are looking for designing software that holistically covers every corner of the design then you must go with CATIA (Computer-Aided Three-Dimensional Interactive Application). This software is a complete multi-platform solution for manufacturing, computer-aided design, engineering, 3D, and PLM. In this article, we are going to discuss CATIA software and will try to cover every aspect of it. So let's dive into this.
What is CATIA?
It is a product designing software developed and created by Dassault Systemes and it is widely known for delivering 3D design. It is a popular and widely used software across the globe for Computer-aided engineering solutions, PLM, and Computer-aided manufacturing solutions. This software is mainly used by manufacturing industries and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to enhance designing, analysing, and managing new products.
Features of this Software
It is considered the first and foremost complex tool used which was originally developed for use in the automotive and aerospace industries by engineers and designers. This technology is also beneficial for the construction sector as they can use it for the development of architectural models. This CATIA is capable of creating a parametric and non-parametric 3D model. Just like any other design software, this software also needs to export the models in STL format in order to make them alive with the help of our 3D printer. This software is available in two types depending on the functionality required: CATIA V5-6R Experience and CATIA 3DExperience. The Dassault Systemes provides tools with the help of which you can convert the files of the old version to be compatible with the newest version. If we talk about its two types then
This is the latest version which is characterised on the basis of improved user productivity and ease of use. If you are looking for a tool that can offer high compatibility with other versions and a smoother transition to 3DExperience then you should go with this. This version of CATIA will offer you a superior collaboration experience where teams can cooperate with each other using a ”plug-and-play” virtual reality screen to interact with the product. Using this tool, users can take advantage of more than 80 enhanced features such as room design, generative shape design applications and much more.
This is the second version of the CATIA software with the additional integration of Dassault Systemes brands like Simulia, Delmia and Enovia and also it is similar to CATIA V5-6R to some extent. The aim of this version is to offer 3D modelling and simulation capabilities which optimise the efficiency of all kinds of users, whether they are experienced or inexperienced.
This technology has brought a revolution in various industries as it helps create complex designs that one can imagine. This offers almost all solutions of industries in terms of design and creating 3D models.
What are the pros of CATIA?
Now, let's see some of the major pros
- Time and Money are precious for individuals as well as for industries and Catia helps in saving both as it has built-in modification management abilities that help in automatic updates. This technique helps us by reducing the effect of changes in the manufacturing process. With the help of this technology, users can save time and money as they don't need to restart the process from the beginning.
- This technology also has the capability of predicting the behaviour of parts with complex surfaces and allowing modifications where needed.
- Geometric specifications of composite parts may create complexity in the creation of these parts, and it increases the risk of error but also helps users to handle or control multiple parts geometries.
What skills are required to get into this?
As we all know, it is a computer-aided three-dimensional interactive application. So, if you are getting into this it is a prerequisite to have prior knowledge about CAD, CAM, and CAE which will be helpful in operating this technology with ease. Apart from this, one must have knowledge about PLM software solutions as it is almost based on this and can be helpful in giving positive results while learning the software.
CATIA is useful for various purposes
It is a gigantic program and it takes some time to master it on the other it is quite challenging to use but useful for numerous purposes such as
- Product Designing and Styling- it is a program which offers updated and latest surface modelling abilities to the designers of industry and transportation. It is quite helpful as those who are innovative can take advantage of it and can achieve and explore fundamental ideas. It also supports a unique 3D sketching technology that helps designers to import 2D sketches.
- 3D Atmosphere- one of the best uses is that it has a built-3D environment which allows users to diligently participate in the design process anytime. And if anyone wants to access and view the designs of the products so that can be done from a 3D dashboard.
- Market Acceptance- this also makes sure that engineers who are involved in the development process will be adaptive to the market rules and fundamentals and demands and simultaneously reduce the product development cost.
- Multidisciplinary Approach- different people have different requirements according to their needs and this helps them to meet all aspects holistically as it offers a multidisciplinary approach to product designing and creation. And it also upgrades the concept, process, and development of new products according to users.
Scope in CATIA
It is one of the advanced technologies which is popular across the globe and opens a lot of career opportunities in numerous industries around the world. One who is interested can go for the job roles such as product development, concept making, designing, engineering, and manufacturing. It is used in mechanical engineering, electrical systems and fluid systems. It offers quite a handsome salary where one can grow in the future with experience.
Anyone who has an interest in product designing and is fond of developing new products can learn this technology. It is basically a huge application that can be used by individuals and this incorporates various approaches and dimensions in developing and designing products which allows designers to use various updated and advanced tools. It is a quite useful and handy tool for engineers, system architects, and industrial designers.
The above article talks about the most advanced technology for 3D model designing and used by industrial designers, system architects, engineers and much more. In today’s world if any automobile industry or manufacturing industries haven't installed this technology in their organisation then they are missing a big thing which can affect their overall production and revenue. As it is high in demand it also offers various career opportunities where one can nourish their skills of designing and look forward to a dynamic career in the same. But as we know that this technology is difficult to handle because it encompasses various features so professional CATIA Training is a prerequisite and that too from a well-established institute. If you are really interested and looking for a career in the same then you can visit the APTRON for the CATIA course which is the best CATIA institute in Noida.